Ludhiana Times Bureau
The Ludhiana Police have started Know Your complaint Scheme. In this scheme victims/complainants and accused have the right to know the status of investigation and inquiry of their FIRs and complaints.
Police Commissioner Rakesh Aggarwal informed that the scheme will cover all police Stations and EOW, CAW Cell, AHT, Traffic, Cyber Crime Cell and Licensing Unit in Ludhiana. It is a service oriented scheme to bring greater transparency and accountability in the police functioning.
The first camp under the scheme will be held on 7th December, 2019. The aims of this scheme are to make policing more effective, efficient, accountable & responsive. The scheme will ensure greater transparency in Police working. It will result in increased police -public interaction. It will ensure time bound disposal of case and complaints.
For this purpose, One Saturday of every month has been fixed for every Police Station/Units as per scheduled fixed.
The Saturday has been chosen because public do not have time on working days to visit police stations.
• Any complainant desirous to know the status of his/her complaint/case/petition. Can visit the concerned Police Station or Unit from 10:00 AM to 02:00 PM on designated Saturdays.
• GO deputed, SHOs along with all Investigation Officers and Staff and I/C Units with Investigation Officers will remain present.
• Investigation Officer will appraise the status of his/her complaint/case to the complainant.
• SHO or I/C Unit will personally supervise the proceedings.
• Record room staff also remains present along with all the records.
• Case property will also be handed over then and there.
Concerned ADCP of each Sub Division/Unit personally monitor the whole process. One DCP level officer will supervise on each Saturday and he will be spending equal time in each police station on that day. They will also interact with the complainants to ensure the effective implementation of this scheme.
A unique aspect of this scheme is that if a complainant/petitioner is not satisfied with investigation/inquiry or the manner in which investigation is being done by the investigation officer then he can raise his objections with the SHO & GO deputed. Then also if he is not satisfied, he can directly approach DCP present there, as all the officer will remain present there. Those who are still not satisfied they will be given time to meet the CP to present their case.
To make it more accessible to public following schedule of every month is fixed before hand. The scheme will be launched on First Saturday of December on 07-12-2019 from police station Division No.1, Division number 2,3,4,5 and 8, Model Town Ludhiana
Traffic Wing (Police Lines).